Healthy Eating withWhole Grains
Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide
One for each person.
Healthy Eating with Whole Grains: PowerPoint Presentation
PowerPoint Presentation with Discussion points for the Leader.
Cooking Whole Grains
Handout on whole grain foods. One for each person.
Whole Grain Recipes PDF
Recipes. One for each person. 6 recipes are included:
- Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
- Amaranth Banana Walnut Bread
- Multi-grain Cereal with Fruit
- Wheat Berry Minestrone Soup
- Tabbouleh Salad
- Vegetable Quinoa Salad
You will also need:
- Optional: Jars filled with various grains such as quinoa, whole barley, wheat berries, steel-cut oats, millet, bulgur, etc.
- Optional: Food labels to illustrate whole-grain products and products containing isolated or added fibre (e.g. inulin, cellulose, oat hull fibre)
To help those with low literacy, the menu planning activity is completed in small groups. Encourage one person from each group to read the worksheet aloud to the other group members.